Epsilor Unveils New Family of NATO Standard 6T Rechargeable Lithium Batteries
DIMONA, Israel, September 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Epsilor, a world-recognized developer and manufacturer of battery packs and chargers for defense and aerospace applications, has launched a new lithium rechargeable 6T battery product line.
Developed in partnership with a strategic customer, the new batteries are designed primarily for the next generation of armored vehicles, but are also suitable as drop-in replacements for traditional lead-acid batteries.
Epsilor will present the new product line at Booth N8-380 at the Defense and Security Equipment International (DSEI) show, which will take place in London on September 12-15, 2017.
Epsilor's new 6T offers superior performance in comparison to the first generation lithium batteries currently being offered.
Epsilor's 6T batteries come in two main configurations:
- Li-Ion-based 4.3kWh (176Ah) battery with the highest energy density in the market
- LiFePO4-based 2.0kWh (80Ah) battery, a high-power super-safe battery with a superior life cycle
Epsilor's 6T batteries have the following advantages:
- Best-in-class energy density in the Li-Ion configuration for extremely long silent watch
- More than 3,000 charging cycles and up to a 10-year operational life in the LiFePO4 configuration
- Drop-in replacement for lead-acid batteries
- Self-balancing, self-charging and charge current management capability that support smooth operation of new vehicles as well as older generation vehicles
- Serial and parallel connectivity with additional batteries supporting group operation
The new product line is fully exempt from US Department of State defense export regulations (ITAR), making it available to a wide range of international defense customers.
"Our new 6T product family is designed to meet the needs of the fast developing market of modern armored vehicles with extended silent watch and more efficient fuel consumption," said Epsilor president Ronen Badichi.
"These smart drop-in replacements for traditional batteries are a perfect solution for new vehicles as well as for retrofit and modernization programs of existing armored fleets in NATO and in other advanced land forces."
"We take great pride in the fact that we are one of only a handful of manufacturers that offer lithium 6T batteries," he added.
Epsilor is a globally recognized developer and manufacturer of battery packs and chargers for the military, defense, aerospace, industrial and marine markets.
The company's expertise lies in its close familiarity with a wide range of defense and military applications, a wide variety of electro-chemistries, and sophisticated battery management systems (BMS), wearable systems and chargers.
Our products have won several awards for their innovation and smart operational approach.
Epsilor is part of the Power Systems Division of Arotech Corporation (NASDAQ: ARTX).
To set up a meeting at our Booth N8-380 at DSEI 2017, click here.
VP Sales & Marketing
SOURCE Epsilor Electric Fuel